Centre résidentiel et communautaire Jacques-Cartier, a multi-service centre for 16 to 35 year olds inQuébecCityproviding 27 units of transitional housing, social enterprise café, woodworking shop, circus art program, collective kitchen and garden, and arts initiatives.
The initiative: Residential component: Life plan approach and support for the community life among tenants—Youth work towards life goals that they set themselves within a supportive environment that values collective thinking, individual empowerment, and the individual’s capacity to take action.
Impact for youth:
- Prevents homelessness among youth at risk through transitional housing
- Stability in housing and organized life activities leading to gains in employment and education
- A welcoming and supportive environment for healing, pursuing creativity, and finding a sense of belonging
- Embracing the rights and responsibilities of tenant
- Becoming agents of positive social change in the community